PB & Chocolate Protein Brownies with Frosting•
Posted on July 13 2020
Created by Health & Wellness blogger Nicole (meet her on Instagram @nourishedbynic) these are really a healthy snack disguised as a rich dessert!
Sweetened with bananas, packed with plant protein and complex carbs and iced with healthy fat rich avocado frosting.
Go ahead, have seconds....
PB & Chocolate Protein Brownies with Frosting
- 1/4 cup Niyama Chocolate Plant Protein
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup nut butter of your choice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup GF oat flour
- 2 flax eggs - 2 TBSP ground flax + 6 TBSP water (or use two eggs if not vegan)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 TBSP cocoa powder
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- drop of vanilla extract
For the Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a square baking dish or brownie pan with parchment or oil well
- Make the flax eggs - combine ground flax with water, stir and set aside for 10 minutes
- In a large bowl or stand mixer,combine the bananas, nut butter, flax eggs, and vanilla and mix
- In a medium bowl combine oat flour, cocoa, and protein powder
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet - use a spoon or low speed on your stand mixer
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes
- Mash avocado and combine well with the vanilla, maple syrup and cocoa
- Allow brownies to cool before frosting
Pumpkin Spice Plant...
Truly healthy pancakes are a bit of a tough sell in my household - not everyone here has a gluten sensitivity for one thing, and, if I'm honest I'v...Read More
Peanut Butter Plant...
For the PB fans out there, these are the bomb! Chewy and rich, they taste like peanut butter cookie dough, but are no-bake, super easy, and nutrit...Read More
Easy-Peasy Oat Bars...
This recipe was developed by healthy food blogger Elizabeth, better known as @vancouverwithlove. Check out her Instagram and blog for beautiful, h...Read More