Clean Plant Protein Powder - 28 servings - Natural Vanilla - Stevia-free - Organic
782 g / 28 servings
This deliciously smooth, vegan, not too sweet, all-natural organic vanilla protein powder is the perfect addition to your smoothie or shake. With 20g of organic plant-sourced protein plus fibre, vitamins and minerals in each scoop, this powder is vegan-friendly, allergen-free, extremely low in fat, with zero sugar and nothing artificial. Stevia-free.
- Plant Protein you’ll actually enjoy – delicious enough to drink with just water!
- 20g of high-quality complete protein from organically grown peas per scoop
- With vitamins and fibre
- Natural, not too sweet, vanilla flavour, Stevia-free, Zero Sugars
- Paleo, Keto & Vegan
- Smooth, silky texture, never chalky
|Organic Plant Protein Powder - Vanilla - Stevia-free
Each scoop contains:
|Total Fat 1.5 g||0.5g|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||0g|
|Trans Fat 0 g||0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 1.5g||1.5g|
|Fibre 1 g||1g|
|Sugars 0 g||0g|
|Protein 20 g||20g|
|Organic Pea Protein ( from Pisum sativum – Seed) 20 g||20g|
|Calcium (carbonate) 250 mg||250mg|
|Sodium bicarbonate (Carbonic acid sodium salt (1:1)) 220 mg||220mg|
|Magnesium (oxide) 100 mg||100mg|
|Phosphorus (Proteinate)100 mg||100mg|
|Potassium (Phosphate, monobasic) 30 mg||30mg|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 30 mg||30mg|
|Beta-carotene 10.8 mg (900 RAE)||10.8mg
|Vitamin E (d-alpha Tocopherol) 10.14 mg (15.iu)||10.14mg
|Niacin (Niacinamide) 10 mg||10mg|
|Pantothenic acid (D-Pantothenic acid) 5 mg||5mg|
|Zinc (gluconate) 7.5 mg||7.5mg|
|Iron 1 mg||1mg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 1 mg||1mg|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 750 mcg||750mcg|
|Folic Acid (Folate) 200 mcg||200mcg|
|Biotin 150 mcg||150mcg|
|Iodine 100 mcg||100mcg|
|Chromium (Picolinate) 60 mcg||60mcg|
|Vitamin K1 40 mcg||40mcg|
|Selenium 35 mcg||35mcg|
|Vitamin D3 10 mcg (400 iu)||10mcg (400iu)|
|Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 3 mcg||3mcg|
|Natural vanilla flavour, monk fruit extract, xanthan gum|
Directions & Cautions
Adults: Mix one scoop into 500ml cold water or non-dairy milk in a shaker cup, or using a blender add one scoop to a smoothie
Health Canada Approved Product Claims:
- Source of protein to maintain good health, build and repair body tissues
- Supports healthy glucose metabolism
- Source of vitamin A for the maintenance of good health
- Source of antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
- Helps in wound healing
- Helps in the absorption and use of calcium
- Helps in the absorption and use of phosphorus
- Source of antioxidant that protects the fat in body tissues from oxidation
- Helps the body metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Helps in energy metabolism and tissue formation
- Helps to maintain normal metabolism of iron
- Helps to form red blood cells
- Helps to maintain normal muscle function
- Source of electrolyte for the maintenance of good health
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if:
- You are taking blood thinners
- You are a tobacco smoker
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Folate supplementation can mask a Vitamin B12 deficiency. If you are unsure whether you are taking enough B12, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.
Tell me more
Protein is one of three primary macronutrients that provide energy to human body, along with fats and carbohydrates. They are comprised of a number of amino acids that are essential to proper body function and serve as building blocks of body issue.
There are 20 different amino acids in total. While some of these can be made in the body, there are 9 essential amino acids that people can only obtain from dietary sources. Foods that provide all of the essential amino acids are called complete protein sources and can include animal as well as some plant-based sources.
A diet rich in high-quality clean protein supports good health, muscle recovery and growth. All proteins are not created equal however, and if you are vegan, vegetarian, or simply cutting back on animal products in your diet it can be challenging to get the quality protein you need. Which is where a daily protein smoothie makes a ton of sense. In less time than it takes to make a bowl of cereal you can blend up a great tasting protein smoothie that will keep you energized and satisfied for hours – while also helping your body build and repair lean muscle tissue in your body.
Q: Is this the same product as Niyama's Organic Plant Protein?
A: Yes! Same great product with a fresh new look! We changed the name to Clean Plant Protein because while it is made from 100% certified organic pea protein, it also contains vitamins and minerals, which are not certified organic. To call out "organic" on the front of the pack, the product MUST be 95% organic by weight, and our plant protein comes in at 93%. So close! But it is the same delicious plant protein we are known for.
Q: What is the protein source?
A: Niyama’s Plant Protein is sourced from 100% organic pea protein.
Q: Did you consider using a blend of plant proteins?
A: Yes, we looked at blending several sources with organic pea including brown rice, hemp, and coconut. Brown rice can sometimes have traces of heavy metals so we ruled that one out early on. We love the nutritional profile delivered by hemp and coconut (additional good fats and fibre) but really wanted to make Niyama’s plant protein taste really good, not just “good for plant protein”. Our organic pea protein source delivered a super clean nutrient profile and a mild, pleasing taste with great mouth feel.
Q: Why is it so smooth and not chalky?
A: Our pea protein isolate is milled into an exceptionally fine powder – to the consistency of baking flour or icing sugar. When you open the container, you can see just how fluffy it is. So, it mixes beautifully without any gritty texture.
Q: Will it cause stomach issues? I sometimes get gas/bloating from pea protein.
A: To date we are thrilled to say that we have had zero reports of any gas, bloating, or stomach upset after taking Niyama’s plant protein. Even with people who have experienced issues with other pea-based proteins in the past. We don’t have science to support this, but there is a theory that many of the digestive issues associated with pea protein are usually with non-organic sources. Yellow split peas are a heavily sprayed crop when grown conventionally, and we don’t know the levels of glyphosate (chemical pesticide) that remain in non-organic pea proteins, but they do tend to be hard on the digestive system and not easily tolerated. However, if you have an allergy to pea protein we obviously do not recommend you try Niyama’s plant protein.
Q: What is the sweetener?
A: Our original formula was sweetened with stevia and only came in natural vanilla flavour. Our new & improved formula is stevia-free and is sweetened only with monk fruit, in both vanilla and chocolate flavour.
Q: The new protein formula is more expensive then the old – why is that?
The pricing is higher on the new formula as a result of the large cost differences inherent in working with monk fruit over stevia.
Select Research and References:
- 1) Dahl WJ1, Foster LM, Tyler RT. Review of the health benefits of peas (Pisum sativum L.)Br J Nutr. 2012 Aug;108 Suppl 1:S3-10.
- 2) Babault N1, Païzis C2, Deley G2, Guérin-Deremaux L3, Saniez MH3, Lefranc-Millot C3, Allaert FA4. Pea proteins oral supplementation promotes muscle thickness gains during resistance training: a double-blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled clinical trial vs. Whey protein.J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Jan 21;12(1):3.
- 3) Veronese N1, Berton L1, Carraro S1, Bolzetta F1, De Rui M1, Perissinotto E1, Toffanello ED1, Bano G1, Pizzato S1, Miotto F1, Coin A1, Manzato E1, Sergi G1. Effect of oral magnesium supplementation on physical performance in healthy elderly women involved in a weekly exercise program: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Sep;100(3):974-81.
- 4) Rungruangmaitree R1, Jiraungkoorskul W2. Pea, Pisum sativum, and Its Anticancer Activity. Pharmacogn Rev. 2017 Jan-Jun;11(21):39-42.
First time trying this powder and I love the flavour and the texture. Fairly smooth, excellent as a shake with just water or blended with frozen fruit. Have also made it with oats and enjoyed that too! Excited to try the chocolate flavour too.
Thank you Vivian! Delighted that you are enjoying our plant protein - appreciate you sharing this.
Love how fine this powder is. It mixes well with everything. No graininess at all. Perfect level of sweetness and none of the fake vanilla flavour. Seriously delicious and stevia-free. It's a must-try!
Thanks so much Aishah for your awesome feedback! You are the BEST!
This is my official guilt free dessert go to! It tastes amazing, mixes smoothly with any smoothie, or tastes just fantastic just blended with water if I don’t want the extra calories. Absolutely in love! Love the orange beta carotene mixed in. My protein and dessert fix in one shot. So happy!
Priya, thank you for taking the time to share the love. We could not be happier that you are enjoying your Clean Plant Protein!
This is the best protein powder I’ve ever had. I love how nicely it mixes into my smoothies, it is easy on my digestive system, and no bitter aftertaste. It’s the only protein I buy!
Thank you Jeannine! Music to our ears - this protein was aa labour of love to create so we are so happy you love it.
I have used this protein powder for breakfast with almond milk and water for the last 6 months. Not only does it taste great, but I’m satisfied right until dinner with great energy levels and no bloating. Fantastic product - thank you
Wow - thanks so much for sharing and we are so happy that you love our Clean Plant Protein!