Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Certain members of my family are confirmed chocoholics. And we all love the combo of chocolate and creamy peanut butter. So a chocolate PB version of Niyama protein energy balls was definitely something requested in our household. Truthfully, protein energy balls have become a staple in our freezer, they are so easy to make and a great alternative to commercial protein bars, which can get pricey with a larger family like ours, and there are only a few that i really feel good about all the ingredients. We still keep a few bars in the pantry but more and more we are reaching for a couple homemade energy balls instead! Make them in 10 minutes and keep them in a tupperware container in the freezer to grab as needed. Best eaten after partially thawed.
This new Chocolate PB version is seriously delicious and VERY satisfying! The chocolate chips are totally optional, as are the chia seeds.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 0 mins
2 scoops Niyama Organic Plant Protein (Vanilla)
2 tablespoons organic raw cocoa powder
1 cup oats - GF, organic
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
1 cup organic peanut butter - smooth works best but crunchy is fine too
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tablesppon chia seeds
In a mixing bowl combine protein powder, cocoa and oats. Add in the PB, melted coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup and mixed together - it will be a cookie dough consistency. if using the chia or choc chips mix them in now.
Taking a tablespoon of the dough, roll into a ball and place on a tray or plate lined with parchment paper. Chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes prior to eating, or if you like ot keep them in the freezer, place the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes to set, then transfer to an airtight container and return to the freezer. They will keep for a week in the fridge and for a couple months in the freezer. Allow to defrost for a few minutes prior to eating if you freeze them.
Products used in this Recipe
Organic Plant Protein Powder - Natural VanillaShop Now
- High-Protein Vegan Keto-licious Chia Pudding Mar 23 2020 I love the silky, slippy texture of Chia pudding, and the way it instantly transforms a bowl of berries into a protei...
- Buckwheat Banana Bread with Plant Protein Mar 23 2020 There is just something amazingly warm and comforting about Banana Bread. The sweet aroma as it bakes, the delicious...
- Raspberry Plant Protein Smoothie Bowl Mar 23 2020 This absolutely luscious smoothie bowl was created by the lovely and amazing Gabriella - a Social Media Stylist and ...
- Vegan Protein Breakfast Cookies Feb 25 2020 Gluten-free, Vegan, High Protein, Healthy Fats I have to say, when I first heard of breakfast cookies I was partially...
- Vegan Protein Cookie Dough Balls Jan 30 2020 This recipe was developed by Wellness blogger Rebecca better know as That Healthy Sprout. You can find her at http...
- Overnight Oats with Protein Jan 16 2020 I love making Overnight Oats to have in the fridge for a nourishing, easy and possibly out-the-door breakfast. Altho...
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls Oct 29 2019 Certain members of my family are confirmed chocoholics. And we all love the combo of chocolate and creamy peanut but...
- Tropical After Savasana Smoothie Sep 27 2019 An easy and delicious after practice tropical smoothie that will fuel you with organic ...
- Lemon Coconut Protein Bliss Balls May 06 2019 High Protein, Low Carb, Seriously Delicious, Vegan, Soy-free, 10 minutes to prep and No...
- Vegan Chocolate Energy Balls May 06 2019 High protein, 7 ingredients, fast and delicious, no-bake.