Peanut Butter + Chocolate Protein Balls•
Posted on October 29 2019
Certain members of my family are confirmed chocoholics. And we all love the combo of chocolate and creamy peanut butter. So a chocolate PB version of Niyama protein energy balls was definitely something requested in our household. Truthfully, protein energy balls have become a staple in our freezer, they are so easy to make and a great alternative to commercial protein bars, which can get pricey with a larger family like ours, and there are only a few that i really feel good about all the ingredients they contain. We still keep a few bars in the pantry but more and more we are reaching for a couple homemade energy balls instead! Make them in 10 minutes and keep them in a container in the freezer to grab as needed. Best eaten after partially thawed.
This new Chocolate + PB version is seriously delicious and VERY satisfying! The chocolate chips are totally optional, as are the chia seeds.
Peanut Butter + Chocolate Protein Energy Balls
- 2 scoops Niyama Plant Protein - Chocolate
- 1 TBSP organic raw cocoa powder
- 1 cup gf oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 cup organic peanut butter - smooth or crunchy
- Optional: 1/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl combine protein powder, cocoa and oats
- Add in the PB, melted coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup and mixed together - it will be a cookie dough consistency. if using the chia or choc chips mix them in now
- Taking a tablespoon of the dough, roll into a ball and place on a tray or plate lined with parchment paper
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to eating, or if you like to keep them in the freezer, place the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes to set, then transfer to an airtight container and return to the freezer.
They will keep for a week in the fridge and for a couple months in the freezer. Allow to defrost for a few minutes prior to eating if you freeze them.
Peanut Butter Plant...
For the PB fans out there, these are the bomb! Chewy and rich, they taste like peanut butter cookie dough, but are no-bake, super easy, and nutrit...Read More
Easy-Peasy Oat Bars...
This recipe was developed by healthy food blogger Elizabeth, better known as @vancouverwithlove. Check out her Instagram and blog for beautiful, h...Read More
All For Me (Single ...
This super yummy single serve brownie recipe was created by wellness & lifestyle blogger Samantha. Find her on Instagram @livewellwithsm. It ...Read More