Overnight Oats with Protein
Posted on January 16 2020
I love making Overnight Oats to have in the fridge for a nourishing, easy and possibly out-the-door breakfast. Although my digestion is not so great with wheat/gluten, I do love anything oaty – warm or cold, soft or crunchy, put some oats in it and I will thank you! And overnight oats are so simple and enjoyable. This version packs a protein punch, which has the effect of making them even more nourishing and filling. Amazing after a workout or yoga practice. The nut butter adds some good fats and extra deliciousness. Play around with the toppings and make it your own!
Makes 2 servings but can easily be doubled.
Overnight Oats with Plant Protein
- 1 cup organic gluten-free Oats
- 1 cup plant milk of your choice
- 1 scoop Niyama Plant Protein
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 heaping TBSP organic nut butter
- Frozen organic berries of your choice
- Optional toppers for serving: coconut yogurt, coconut chips, granola, drizzle of maple syrup, chocolate chips (hey, no judgement)
- In a bowl combine the oats, plant mylk, plant protein, chia and nut butter. Mix to combine – you may need a fork to break up the nut butter, especially if it was in the fridge.
- Divide between two small mason jars and top with a couple tablespoons (or a good handful) of frozen berries. Put the lid on the jars and place in the fridge overnight. When ready to eat, add your toppings and enjoy!
if you are using fresh fruit instead of frozen then don’t add it until you are adding your toppings.
Healthy Red Velvet ...
As valentine's day approaches, all thoughts turn to love and chocolate! This healthy riff on a red velvet latte delivers a plant-baaed, sugar-free ...Read More
Pumpkin Spice Prote...
Jumping firmly on the Pumpkin Spice bandwagon here. These little bundles of fall flavour are high in protein, fibre and rich in healthy fat. Supe...Read More
Baked Oatmeal with ...
As the summer starts to wind down, i'm still looking for ways to eat more juicy peaches! Over the long weekend, it occurred to me that my favourit...Read More