Overnight Oats with Protein•
Posted on January 16 2020
I love making Overnight Oats to have in the fridge for a nourishing, easy and possibly out-the-door breakfast. Although my digestion is not so great with wheat/gluten, I do love anything oaty – warm or cold, soft or crunchy, put some oats in it and I will thank you! And overnight oats are so simple and enjoyable. This version packs a protein punch, which has the effect of making them even more nourishing and filling. Amazing after a workout or yoga practice. The nut butter adds some good fats and extra deliciousness. Play around with the toppings and make it your own!
Makes 2 servings but can easily be doubled.
Overnight Oats with Plant Protein
- 1 cup organic gluten-free Oats
- 1 cup plant milk of your choice
- 1 scoop Niyama Plant Protein
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 heaping TBSP organic nut butter
- Frozen organic berries of your choice
- Optional toppers for serving: coconut yogurt, coconut chips, granola, drizzle of maple syrup, chocolate chips (hey, no judgement)
- In a bowl combine the oats, plant mylk, plant protein, chia and nut butter. Mix to combine – you may need a fork to break up the nut butter, especially if it was in the fridge.
- Divide between two small mason jars and top with a couple tablespoons (or a good handful) of frozen berries. Put the lid on the jars and place in the fridge overnight. When ready to eat, add your toppings and enjoy!
if you are using fresh fruit instead of frozen then don’t add it until you are adding your toppings.
Rice Crispy Treats ...
Who doesn't love a good rice crispy treat? That sweet, vanilla taste with that chewy and crispy texture made these iconic in my childhood snack m...Read More
Cocoa Bliss Balls
These delicious chocolate energy balls were created by Ariel Canie of Charming Media. They are just as delicious as they look and are packed with ...Read More
Pumpkin Spice Plant...
Truly healthy pancakes are a bit of a tough sell in my household - not everyone here has a gluten sensitivity for one thing, and, if I'm honest I'v...Read More