Overnight Oats with Protein•
Posted on January 16 2020
I love making Overnight Oats to have in the fridge for a nourishing, easy and possibly out-the-door breakfast. Although my digestion is not so great with wheat/gluten, I do love anything oaty – warm or cold, soft or crunchy, put some oats in it and I will thank you! And overnight oats are so simple and enjoyable. This version packs a protein punch, which has the effect of making them even more nourishing and filling. Amazing after a workout or yoga practice. The nut butter adds some good fats and extra deliciousness. Play around with the toppings and make it your own!
Makes 2 servings but can easily be doubled.
Overnight Oats with Plant Protein
- 1 cup organic gluten-free Oats
- 1 cup plant milk of your choice
- 1 scoop Niyama Plant Protein
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 heaping TBSP organic nut butter
- Frozen organic berries of your choice
- Optional toppers for serving: coconut yogurt, coconut chips, granola, drizzle of maple syrup, chocolate chips (hey, no judgement)
- In a bowl combine the oats, plant mylk, plant protein, chia and nut butter. Mix to combine – you may need a fork to break up the nut butter, especially if it was in the fridge.
- Divide between two small mason jars and top with a couple tablespoons (or a good handful) of frozen berries. Put the lid on the jars and place in the fridge overnight. When ready to eat, add your toppings and enjoy!
if you are using fresh fruit instead of frozen then don’t add it until you are adding your toppings.
Peanut Butter Plant...
For the PB fans out there, these are the bomb! Chewy and rich, they taste like peanut butter cookie dough, but are no-bake, super easy, and nutrit...Read More
Easy-Peasy Oat Bars...
This recipe was developed by healthy food blogger Elizabeth, better known as @vancouverwithlove. Check out her Instagram and blog for beautiful, h...Read More
All For Me (Single ...
This super yummy single serve brownie recipe was created by wellness & lifestyle blogger Samantha. Find her on Instagram @livewellwithsm. It ...Read More