BRAND NEW! Organic Plant Protein Powder - Chocolate - Stevia-free
NEW FLAVOUR AND NEW FORMULA!
When it came time to create a chocolate version of our Organic Plant Protein, we wanted it to be perfect. We added organic cocoa and natural chocolate flavour to our super smooth organic pea protein. And we sweetened it ever so slightly with monk fruit only. No stevia.
This deliciously smooth, vegan, not too sweet, all-natural organic chocolate protein powder is the perfect addition to your post-practice (or anytime really!) smoothie. With 20g of organic plant-sourced protein plus fibre, vitamins and minerals in each scoop, this powder is vegan-friendly, allergen-free, extremely low in fat, with zero sugar or stevia and nothing artificial.
- 20g of high-quality complete protein from organically grown peas per scoop
- With vitamins and fibre
- Natural chocolate flavour
- Mixes beautifully – super silky texture, never chalky – you can actually enjoy this with just water!
- Extra delicious in smoothies with fruit and/or veggies
Tell Me More
Protein is one of three primary macronutrients that provide energy to human body, along with fats and carbohydrates. They are comprised of a number of amino acids that are essential to proper body function and serve as building blocks of body issue.
There are 20 different amino acids in total. While some of these can be made in the body, there are 9 essential amino acids that people can only obtain from dietary sources. Foods that provide all of the essential amino acids are called complete protein sources and can include animal as well as some plant-based sources.
The amount of protein that the human body requires daily is dependent on many conditions such as age/life stage, activity level, and body composition, but can be estimated based on body weight using a range of 0.8-1.8 grams/kg or 0.4-0.8 grams/lb of body weight. A 140lb woman would then need to consume 56 to 112 grams of protein daily. The World Health Organization suggests a safe lower limit of 50g per day.
A diet rich in high-quality clean protein supports good health, muscle recovery and growth. All proteins are not created equal however, and if you are vegan, vegetarian, or simply cutting back on animal products in your diet it can be challenging to get the quality protein you need. Which is where a daily protein smoothie makes a ton of sense. In less time than if takes to make a bowl of cereal you can blend up a great tasting protein smoothie that will keep you energized and satisfied for hours – while also helping your body build and repair lean muscle tissue in your body.
Our Organic Plant Protein is a delicious, super smooth and not too sweet, natural vanilla protein sourced from organic peas. With 20g of protein per scoop, featuring a complete amino acid profile as well as 1 g of fibre and a spectrum of essential vitamins and minerals, this makes your smoothie fit for a yoga warrior. With only 1.5g of healthy fat, 1g of carbs, zero sugar and nothing artificial, your blender (and your body) will thank you!
- Calories: 100
- Total Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Total Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fibre: 1g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 20g
- Organic Pea Protein (Pisum sativum – Seed) ….20g
- Beta-carotene …. 10.8mg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid, Citrus limon – Fruit) ….30mg
- Vitamin D3 ….4mg
- Vitamin K1 ….40mcg
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine, monocitrate) ….0.75mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) …. 1mg
- Folic Acid (Folate) …. 200mcg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) …. 3mcg
- Biotin ….150mcg
- Pantothenic acid (D-Pantothenic acid) …. 5mg
- Calcium (carbonate) …. 250mg
- Iron …. 1mg
- Magnesium (oxide) …. 100mg
- Zinc (gluconate) …. 7.5mg
- Selenium ….35mcg
- Phosphorus (Proteinate) …. 100mg
- Iodine …. 0.1mg
- Chromium (Picolinate) ….60mcg
- Sodium bicarbonate (Carbonic acid sodium salt (1:1)) …. 220mg
- Potassium (Phosphate, monobasic) …. 30mg
- (Vitamin E (d-alpha Tocopherol) …. 10.14mg
- Organic cocoa powder
- Natural chocolate flavour
- Monk Fruit extract
- Xanthan gum
Directions & Cautions
Adults: Mix one scoop into a cold beverage of your choice as an after-practice smoothie, breakfast, or a high-protein anytime healthy snack. Can be mixed with cold water, or your choice of milk/mylk in a shaker cup and shaken vigorously, or blended with ice, fruit, water, milk/mylk in a blender.
Health Canada Approved Product Claims:
- Source of protein to maintain good health, build and repair body tissues
- Supports healthy glucose metabolism
- Source of vitamin A for the maintenance of good health
- Source of antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
- Helps in wound healing
- Helps in the absorption and use of calcium
- Helps in the absorption and use of phosphorus
- Source of antioxidant that protects the fat in body tissues from oxidation
- Helps the body metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Helps in energy metabolism and tissue formation
- Helps to maintain normal metabolism of iron
- Helps to form red blood cells
- Helps to maintain normal muscle function
- Source of electrolyte for the maintenance of good health
Cautions and Contraindications:
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if: You are taking blood thinners. You are a tobacco smoker. You are pregnant or breastfeeding Folate supplementation can mask a Vitamin B12 deficiency. If you are unsure whether you are taking enough B12, consult a health care practitioner prior to use
Select Research and References:
- 1) Dahl WJ1, Foster LM, Tyler RT. Review of the health benefits of peas (Pisum sativum L.)Br J Nutr. 2012 Aug;108 Suppl 1:S3-10.
- 2) Babault N1, Païzis C2, Deley G2, Guérin-Deremaux L3, Saniez MH3, Lefranc-Millot C3, Allaert FA4. Pea proteins oral supplementation promotes muscle thickness gains during resistance training: a double-blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled clinical trial vs. Whey protein.J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Jan 21;12(1):3.
- 3) Veronese N1, Berton L1, Carraro S1, Bolzetta F1, De Rui M1, Perissinotto E1, Toffanello ED1, Bano G1, Pizzato S1, Miotto F1, Coin A1, Manzato E1, Sergi G1. Effect of oral magnesium supplementation on physical performance in healthy elderly women involved in a weekly exercise program: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Sep;100(3):974-81.
- 4) Rungruangmaitree R1, Jiraungkoorskul W2. Pea, Pisum sativum, and Its Anticancer Activity. Pharmacogn Rev. 2017 Jan-Jun;11(21):39-42.