Clean Plant Protein Powder 28 servings- Natural Chocolate - Stevia-free - with real Organic Cocoa
848 g/28 servings
- Tell Me More
Our Chocolate Clean Plant Protein has real, organic cocoa and is sweetened ever so slightly with monk fruit only. No stevia. This deliciously smooth, vegan, not too sweet, all-natural organic chocolate protein powder is the perfect addition to your smoothie or shake. With 20g of organic plant-sourced protein plus fibre, vitamins and minerals in each scoop, this powder is vegan-friendly, allergen-free, extremely low in fat, with zero sugar or stevia and nothing artificial.
- Delicious enough to drink with just water!
- 20g of high-quality complete protein from organically grown peas per scoop
- With vitamins and fibre
- Natural chocolate flavour, Stevia-free, Zero Sugars
- Paleo, Keto & Vegan
- Smooth, silky texture, never chalky
Health Canada Approved NPN #80087433
- Calories: 100
- Total Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Total Carbohydrates: 1.5g
- Fibre: 1.5g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 20g
- Protein (from Certified Organic Pea Protein Isolate (Pisum sativum – Seed) ….20g
- Beta-carotene …. 10.8mg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid, Citrus limon – Fruit) ….30mg
- Vitamin D3 ….4mg
- Vitamin K1 ….40mcg
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine, monocitrate) ….0.75mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) …. 1mg
- Folic Acid (Folate) …. 200mcg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) …. 3mcg
- Biotin ….150mcg
- Pantothenic acid (D-Pantothenic acid) …. 5mg
- Calcium (carbonate) …. 250mg
- Iron …. 1mg
- Magnesium (oxide) …. 100mg
- Zinc (gluconate) …. 7.5mg
- Selenium ….35mcg
- Phosphorus (Proteinate) …. 100mg
- Iodine …. 0.1mg
- Chromium (Picolinate) ….60mcg
- Sodium bicarbonate (Carbonic acid sodium salt (1:1)) …. 220mg
- Potassium (Phosphate, monobasic) …. 30mg
- (Vitamin E (d-alpha Tocopherol) …. 10.14mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Organic cocoa powder, Natural chocolate flavour, Monk Fruit extract, Xanthan gum
Adults: Mix one scoop into 500ml cold water or non-dairy milk in a shaker cup, or using a blender add one scoop to a smoothie
Health Canada Approved Product Claims:
- Source of protein to maintain good health, build and repair body tissues
- Supports healthy glucose metabolism
- Source of vitamin A for the maintenance of good health
- Source of antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
- Helps in wound healing
- Helps in the absorption and use of calcium
- Helps in the absorption and use of phosphorus
- Source of antioxidant that protects the fat in body tissues from oxidation
- Helps the body metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Helps in energy metabolism and tissue formation
- Helps to maintain normal metabolism of iron
- Helps to form red blood cells
- Helps to maintain normal muscle function
- Source of electrolyte for the maintenance of good health
Cautions and Contraindications:
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if:
- You are taking blood thinners
- You are a tobacco smoker
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Folate supplementation can mask a Vitamin B12 deficiency. If you are unsure whether you are taking enough B12, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.
Protein is one of three primary macronutrients that provide energy to human body, along with fats and carbohydrates. They are comprised of a number of amino acids that are essential to proper body function and serve as building blocks of body issue.
There are 20 different amino acids in total. While some of these can be made in the body, there are 9 essential amino acids that people can only obtain from dietary sources. Foods that provide all of the essential amino acids are called complete protein sources and can include animal as well as some plant-based sources.
A diet rich in high-quality clean protein supports good health, muscle recovery and growth. All proteins are not created equal however, and if you are vegan, vegetarian, or simply cutting back on animal products in your diet it can be challenging to get the quality protein you need. Which is where a daily protein smoothie makes a ton of sense. In less time than it takes to make a bowl of cereal you can blend up a great tasting protein smoothie that will keep you energized and satisfied for hours – while also helping your body build and repair lean muscle tissue in your body.
Select Research and References:
- 1) Dahl WJ1, Foster LM, Tyler RT. Review of the health benefits of peas (Pisum sativum L.)Br J Nutr. 2012 Aug;108 Suppl 1:S3-10.
- 2) Babault N1, Païzis C2, Deley G2, Guérin-Deremaux L3, Saniez MH3, Lefranc-Millot C3, Allaert FA4. Pea proteins oral supplementation promotes muscle thickness gains during resistance training: a double-blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled clinical trial vs. Whey protein.J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Jan 21;12(1):3.
- 3) Veronese N1, Berton L1, Carraro S1, Bolzetta F1, De Rui M1, Perissinotto E1, Toffanello ED1, Bano G1, Pizzato S1, Miotto F1, Coin A1, Manzato E1, Sergi G1. Effect of oral magnesium supplementation on physical performance in healthy elderly women involved in a weekly exercise program: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Sep;100(3):974-81.
- 4) Rungruangmaitree R1, Jiraungkoorskul W2. Pea, Pisum sativum, and Its Anticancer Activity. Pharmacogn Rev. 2017 Jan-Jun;11(21):39-42.
It has taken me a long time (years) to find a protein powder that I actually like. What drew me to this one was that it was Stevia and sugar-free and the ingredient list was simple. I love this product. The texture is perfect— it blends very well in smoothies and the flavour is just right not over powering. I highly recommend it and I don’t generally leave reviews but I feel strongly that this is an excellent Canadian made product on the market.
Thank you so much for sharing this Joanne - you made our day!
I have tried so many protein powders over the past ten years and this is by far my favourite. It tastes great! I love all of the clean ingredients and that it's a female-owned company, and also made in Canada. I'll be a fan for life!
Thank you so much for your kind words Devin - means everything!
I've been vegan for over 6 years now and have tried countless vegan proteins, but nothing compares to Niyama's Plant Protein! The ingredients are natural, the flavour is amazing and the texture is SUPER smooth and not chalky or grainy like other proteins I've tried.
thank you so much for sharing!
I have never consistently taken protein supplements as I have felt I react to them over time. The Niyama line has been super enjoyable to take with a great taste. I have no reactions at all and take it after all my workouts now!
thank you for sharing Derek - so happy your experience with our plant protein has been so positive!
I have migraines and it’s recommended I get a lot of protein in the morning to counter the pain. I’ve been looking for something that tastes good and can be easily incorporated into my mornings. This is good hot or cold. I throw it in my milk frother and have a morning hot chocolate
Thank you Zoe! Delighted you like our new Chocolate Protein - and thanks for the tip on using it warm!