Vegan Protein Breakfast Cookies
Gluten-free, Vegan, High Protein, Healthy Fats
I have to say, when I first heard of breakfast cookies I was partially intrigued but also sort of disapproving. I mean there are already so many awful cereals on the market, do we really need to eat cookies for breakfast?
Turns out a breakfast cookie can be amazingly healthy and delicious – and make a pretty great grab and go breakfast, or a more leisurely eat with a cappuccino or turmeric latte kind of breakfast. Or snack. Or both.
This delicious version is adapted from mydarlingvegan.com with a few little tweaks to the ingredient deck and the addition of two full scoops of Niyama’s Organic Plant Protein.
They do take a bit of a pantry raid in terms of number of wholesome ingredients, but they only take about 15 minutes to put together and another 15 to bake. Well worth it!
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins
2 tbsp chia seeds
6 tbsp water
1 cup Gluten-free oats, preferably organic
1/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup nut meal (I like hazelnut but almond works too)
2 scoops Niyama Organic Plant Protein – vanilla
2 tbsp hemp hearts
2 tbsp ground golden flax seeds
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon (Ceylon if you have it)
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1/3 cup organic coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup nut butter – you want it gooey so if you keep in the fridge you may need to partially melt it first
1/3 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup dried fruit (i.e. raisins or cranberries) – optional – I leave these out as they are controversial in our family LOL
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line a baking sheet with parchment Make the “chia eggs” – whisk the chia with the water together in a small bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients (oats, coconut shreds, nut meal, protein powder, hemp hearts, flax seeds, sea salt, baking soda and powder) In a small mixing bowl whisk together the wet ingredients (coconut oil, maple syrup, nut butter, chia egg) Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine Fold in the chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds and raisins (if using) You want to make about 12 balls of dough – I like using an ice cream scoop and then rolling them in my hands. Once you have used all the dough, use the bottom of a glass or the measuring cup to press the balls down until they are about ½ inch thick Bake for 12-16 minutes, then remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes then cool completely on a wire rack These will keep for up to 5 days in a sealed container or you can freeze them for a couple weeks – but I seriously doubt they will last that long!
Products used in this Recipe
Organic Plant Protein Powder - Natural VanillaShop Now
- PB & Chocolate Protein Brownies with Frosting Jul 13 2020 A healthy, nutrient-dense snack disguised as a chocolate peanut butter brownie! Plant-b...
- Creamy Chocolate Coconut Ice Pops Jun 23 2020 Keto & Paleo friendly chocolate coconut ice pops - creamy and cool with 3 ingredien...
- Plant Protein Brownies Jun 05 2020 Gluten-free, grain-free, seriously delicious plant protein brownies.
- Chewy Cookie Dough Squares with Plant Protein May 22 2020 Deliciously easy, Chewy Cookie Dough Squares with Plant Protein are grain-free, vegan, ...
- Plant Protein Donuts May 05 2020 Easy and delicious Plant Protein Donuts. Vegan, Gluten-free, Grain-free, Dairy-free, Hi...
- High-Protein Vegan Keto-licious Chia Pudding Mar 23 2020 I love the silky, slippy texture of Chia pudding, and the way it instantly transforms a bowl of berries into a protei...
- Buckwheat Banana Bread with Plant Protein Mar 23 2020 Delicious, super-healthy, vegan, gluten-free banana break with added plant protein. Eas...
- Raspberry Plant Protein Smoothie Bowl Mar 23 2020 This absolutely luscious smoothie bowl was created by the lovely and amazing Gabriella - a Social Media Stylist and ...
- Vegan Protein Breakfast Cookies Feb 25 2020 Gluten-free, Vegan, High Protein, Healthy Fats I have to say, when I first heard of breakfast cookies I was partially...
- Vegan Protein Cookie Dough Balls Jan 30 2020 This recipe was developed by Wellness blogger Rebecca better know as That Healthy Sprout. You can find her at http...
- Overnight Oats with Protein Jan 16 2020 I love making Overnight Oats to have in the fridge for a nourishing, easy and possibly out-the-door breakfast. Altho...
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls Oct 29 2019 Certain members of my family are confirmed chocoholics. And we all love the combo of chocolate and creamy peanut but...
- Tropical After Savasana Smoothie Sep 27 2019 An easy and delicious after practice tropical smoothie that will fuel you with organic ...
- Lemon Coconut Protein Bliss Balls May 06 2019 High Protein, Low Carb, Seriously Delicious, Vegan, Soy-free, 10 minutes to prep and No...
- Vegan Chocolate Energy Balls May 06 2019 High protein, 7 ingredients, fast and delicious, no-bake.